So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Friday 12 September 2008

International Crochet Day

Today is International Crochet Day - as first declared last year by our beloved crochet hook artiste Jimbo.

http://jimbosfrontporch.blogspot.com/2007/08/contest-im-giving-this-hook-away.html
...I have thought for a long time now that the art of crochet and those who practice the art deserve some significant recognition. And so in my great power as the Ruthless Tyrant of my vast hook empire have decided to declare that Sept 12, 2007 will be a Holiday that I'm cleverly calling "International Crochet Day". I'm giving everyone who works for me (ME) a day off. You just go ahead and take the day off too.... tell'em Jimbo said it's ok (see where that gets you!)

In honour of this great day I am sharing this:


I was so thrilled when Patti Sandlin sent me this picture of the blanket she made using my Peace Granny Square pattern. What a feeling of pride, LOL! And hasn't she done a wonderful job? I just love all the colours.

I'm so pleased Patti liked the pattern enough to put all that effort in and then take the time to contact me. I love crochet and I love crocheters. And today is our day! Happy Hooking!

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

  • At 13 September, 2008 02:32, Blogger Zu said…

    That is a really clever granny square! The blanket she created from it is gorgeous. :-)

     
  • At 13 September, 2008 17:17, Blogger jmk said…

    Thank you, hobbyzu!
    Patti did a splendid job and I really like the yarn she used - so shiny.

    BTW, I love your slippers (especially the lime green ones, naturally) and your striped blanket. Oooo, colours - lots of colours!!

     
  • At 29 September, 2008 13:49, Blogger Sus said…

    I *lurve* that afghan!!! That square is just adorable and the lines come out so smooth. Yay!!

     
  • At 26 June, 2010 17:29, Blogger Catriona Palin said…

    That is SO cool!
    Awesome job!

     
  • At 26 August, 2011 23:35, Blogger Rachel Martinez said…

    That is just beautiful, my daughters love peace symbol, thats a great idea to make an afghan and the one in the picture gives a lot of ideas on colors, thanks to all, God Bless!

     
  • At 31 August, 2011 15:04, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am a beginner, just started learning this past month and have already finished one baby afghan in 3 colors and halfway done w/ a granny square one in camo for my new niece of nephew. I found this one while looking for a peace sign pattern for a little girl I babysit and fell in love with it. There is absolutely no way as a beginner I'm ready to tackle this challenge but was wondering if anyone else out there would be willing to make one to sell? She is a 9 yr old little girl who is in love with the bright funky colors and peace signs. She would love this!

     
  • At 07 April, 2013 21:44, Blogger t j said…

    I am ready to begin this afghan (1 sq at a time!!)... But before I start, are the stitches in US or UK terms? Please let me know as soon as you can... Thank you so much!!! ~Tess

     
  • At 07 April, 2013 22:06, Blogger jmk said…

    Tess, the stitches are US (it says "American notation" in small print under the title ;-)). Go for it!

    I learned to read crochet patterns when I lived in Seattle so although I am English I "speak" US crochet, LOL!

     
  • At 24 January, 2015 23:21, Blogger Unknown said…

    I have just recently found this pattern and am in the process of creating a scarf that matches a hat for my little girl. I will send you a picture when it is completed. Might take a little while but I love this design and thank you so much for sharing it.

     
  • At 26 January, 2015 18:25, Blogger jmk said…

    Tamara, you're very welcome. I'd love to see a picture!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands