So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Monday 16 July 2007

Two for two!

I did it again. I won the simplysnowflakes Homepage Contest (aka Natural Snowflake Contest). Go me!! I'll have to sit the next one out to give the others a chance, LOL!

Here's the flake we had to recreate in cotton:










And here's my version:

Simple Snowflake
(American notation)

Ch4, slst in 1st ch to form ring.

Rnd 1) Ch6, (dc in ring, ch3) x 5, join w slst in 3rd ch at beg of rnd.

Rnd 2) Ch1, sc in same st, ch4, (sc in nxt dc, ch4) around, join w slst in beg sc.

Rnd 3) Ch11, (dc in nxt sc, ch8) around, join w slst in 3rd ch at beg of rnd.

Rnd 4) Ch1, sc in same st, **ch9, sc in nxt dc (= base sc), †(*ch5, hdc in 2nd ch from hk, hdc, sc, slst*, ch7, hdc in 2nd ch from hk, hdc x2, sc x2, slst, repeat btw *'s, slst in base sc)†, repeat from ** x4, ch9, slst in 1st sc of rnd, repeat btw †'s. Finish off.

Copyright © 2007, Judy M Kerr. All Rights Reserved.

As ever, please let me know if you find any mistakes or it just plain doesn't make sense, thanx.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

  • At 16 July, 2007 13:00, Blogger Aim said…

    Ooooooh, I love this! There's actually a design contest for snowflakes?!! How neat is that! Good job!

     
  • At 16 July, 2007 19:28, Blogger jmk said…

    Thank you very much, Aim. Yes, I think it's a great idea. I would never have thought to myself "I think I'll design a snowflake today", but when I saw the picture for the first competition I started thinking about what combinations of stitches I'd use to make a flake that looked like it. Then I wondered if it would work. The next thing I knew I was sitting there with a ball of cotton and my trusty #10 hook, LOL!

     
  • At 17 July, 2007 02:09, Blogger Sus said…

    Yay!!! Congratulations, again! You're a seriously awesome flake maker. This one was a bit simpler than the last -- I love it! Great job!

     
  • At 17 July, 2007 20:21, Blogger jmk said…

    Thanx, Sus! Are you back? I'll go check out your blog...

     
  • At 18 July, 2007 23:57, Blogger Landspring said…

    Congrats!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands