So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Monday 7 May 2007

Flake and Faith


I've signed up for simplysnowflakes' Snowflake Signup (try saying that quickly five times). You have to make and post a picture of each flake before you are sent the pattern for the next - this is SF#1.

I didn't think I'd like it all that much when I first saw the picture that accompanied the pattern but now that I've made my own I think it's really quite cute and it's certainly easy to make.

Right, that's the flake, now the faith. You have been warned.

If you've been with me a while you'll know that one of my favourite bloggers is the man formerly known as "Preacher Boy". I've linked to several of his posts in the past, basically with the injunction Read.This.Or.Else.

Backtrack a moment - the other day I visited Beliefnet and on the home page was a brief survey, "Which is more important: having faith or doing good?" I chose doing good and fully expected to see that I was not in the majority. But I was quite surprised to see just how not in the majority I was. At the time doing good scored only 33%. I huffed a bit and then moved on.

So today I visited PB's new blog A Place to Be Yourself and came across this gem (I just love when these connection things* happen). Now, I am a firm believer in the power and necessity of prayer, but faith without works just isn't going to cut it when you've got someone in your face who's suffering. And PB so beautifully and honestly points out why. His "Uncle Jerry" post ties into the same theme.

If you want/need a Spiritual Slap-Upside-The-Head I suggest you read his blog regularly. Catch him while you can - he's moving on. I just pray he'll keep on blogging!

*Coincidence is just another name for God.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

  • At 07 May, 2007 13:09, Blogger Sus said…

    I like that little flake, too! I just went over and signed up for simplysnowflakes (I'm such a copycat ::grin::) -- thanks for sharing the link!!

    I checked out PB's blog -- very cool! I'd say he's dead-on. Thanks for sharing that link, too.

    I'll flake again after finals. I'll have some catching up to do!

     
  • At 08 May, 2007 06:23, Blogger Scott said…

    Shucks - thanks JMK!

     
  • At 08 May, 2007 07:47, Blogger jmk said…

    De nada :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands