So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Saturday 5 August 2006

Visitors

Dovercourt, Essex - 5 August 2006, 2:49pm
















Saturday Sky from my friends' back garden, where a number of us from Clacton Friends Meeting enjoyed a lovely tea and the chance to have a good natter. Quaker worship may be based on silence but we can sure make up for it the rest of the time!

And here's a visitor to *my* garden this afternoon - a big, green dragonfly. She was about 3"/75mm* long with a 4"/100mm wingspan but still difficult to see against the leaves. I say "she" because I believe it was a female Southern Hawker (Aeshna Cyanaea).

*8/8 Amended from centimeters (thanx PB) - now that would have been a big dragonfly!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 17 August, 2006 21:28, Blogger jmk said…

    Hi Laura! Thanks for stopping by. I had a nose around your blog, too (looking for a contact email, no joy, so I hope you read this) - glad you got your blogspot problem sorted out and your little escapee story had me in stitches!

    Interesting about your Quaker family history. I have no previous Q connections. I'd pretty much done my own thing spiritually since I was a kid. Decided a while back that I wanted/needed to be part of a faith group. I knew a bit about Q's but never did anything about it until 12 years ago when I went to my first meeting. It was love at first sit. ;-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands