So Far, So Good

Blogging the journey...

Saturday 4 March 2006

A film for our time

We were back at the Electric Palace last night - this time to see the immensely inspiring and visually hypnotic movie Good Night, and Good Luck. People don't really clap at movies here in the UK but DH and I were discreetly clapping at the end of this one.

In view of the state of affairs both in the US and here, where fear of "the enemy" is being exploited by those in power to erode our civil liberties, this film is eerily relevant and should be compulsary viewing (which, of course, would be an infringment of our civil liberties - *sigh* - but you know what I mean).

As is my wont, when anything or anyone captures my interest I promptly Google it. Did you know that Edward R Murrows' parents were Quaker abolitionists? Just thought I'd mention it *grin*.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

        Older posts                                                                       Newer posts

 
Since January 2006
people have had too much time on their hands